Looking for a hand blender which will do it all for you? If you want it to be more than just an immersion blender, this is what you need – yes it is that simple.
Many people who are looking for a machine that can do a little more than just work as an immersion blender, find that the DeLonghi DHB723 is way more than they were looking for – and they love it for it! The common scenario is to move in to a new apartment and not having a blender or a food processor which could do what you need, and basically you want something that is worth the money, and will get you all the things you need. Delonghi is a very popular manufacturer in kitchen appliances for many reasons, but on big one is the simple fact that they produce high quality appliances that last long and look good.
When the blender arrived, we were surprised at the size of the box that it came in! A probably 21″ wide, 15″ tall and six inches deep box arrived, and it had everything in it. We didn’t realize that it really came with all the attachments that you could ever need – it is not just a blender with one blade, you get the whole set with the price of one!
The blades were individually guarder with a plastic film which is quite good – it keeps the blades sharp during the shipping and handling. This way you can be sure that you will be getting a high quality machine right to your doorstep!
When we first started using it as a hand blender, we noticed that the handle was very comfortable and you could get a good grip from it. It is made of rubber, and you can hold it even if the going gets tough – this is actually more important than you would think, because when you are using it for a longer time, you notice that your hands start getting weaker. As usually this DeLonghi DHB723 had a power button which you have to hold down – this is a safety measure which is implemented in almost all hand blenders. You don’t want the blender to run if you accidentally drop it, since there is only the small blade guard protecting anything from getting in there.
There is a two button power settings and you have a top dial which alters the speed of the blender. The speed selector has 5 different settings in it, and in total there are 6 speeds. Thanks to the very long cord, you won’t have to worry about it running out. When compared to the Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick this one has definitely more power, even though we kind of were under the impression that was a really powerful model. Well for the slightly bigger price tag, you are getting way more power and a lot of nice attachments.
The attachments are attached with a two button system – you have to press both of them to release the attachment. You will have to twist them to get them on and not just push it. These are the attachments you get with it:
- Stainless Steel Tube Tri-blade; This is a very god attachment to puree anything. The blades are slanted and they will cause a nice whirl in the liquid, but even if you are going for frozen fruits you will get the job done – remember to add some liquid though. Because of shape of the blades it is supposed to not suck the blender to the bottom of the container.
- Plastic Tube Tri-blade; The same thing goes here as above, but the whole thing is made of plastic. So you can use it even in metallic bowls and don’t have to worry about braking the thing. One thing that we found especially easy to do was making soups from steamed vegetables.
- Blending beaker; 24 ounces plastic container that you can wash in the dishwasher. You can use it with any of the other attachments.
- Food Processor; The cap is attached to the blender, and to the bowl which has the food processor blades in it. Everything snaps on nicely and you can be sure that they stay locked. It is a really powerful food processor, but keep in mind that it is only a hand blender, and even if the DeLonghi DHB723 has a 380-Watt engine, it won’t match a big food processor. But you can do quite a lot of things with it that you would usually need a food processor for.
- Whisk: If you like to make whipped cream, crepe batters mousses and everything that will end up looking like a foam, this is what you want to have. You don’t have to get a separate whisker, but you can use your DeLonghi DHB723 to do all of that action. Don’t try it for too heavy stuff though, as I am sure it won’t take it.